Career Opportunities with Hampton Roads Veterinary Hospice
Associate Hospice and Palliative Care Veterinarian
Join our well established practice celebrating our 10 year anniversary providing in-home hospice and palliative care with a strong focus on integrative medicine. Our supportive team enables veterinarians to deliver excellent end-of-life medical care while serving all involved with compassion. Our veterinarians appreciate focusing on the quality of heartfelt connections with families and their pets in contrast to the quantity of cases that are typical in general and emergency roles. Our industry leading training and mentoring processes ensure new team members are supported to succeed and excel in their roles.
What we look for in candidates:
A strong candidate will be highly skilled and comfortable with communication surrounding end-of-life issues in the client’s home
Serve clients and their pets facing end-of-life decisions with a kind and compassionate heart, integrity, and excellent medical procedures
Contribute to a strong team providing unique services and leading in end-of-life care in Veterinary Medicine
Maintain current VA and NC Veterinary Licenses and DEA License
Manage work/life balance as we provide our communities with the highest levels of in-home pet hospice and palliative care
Participate in a successful company that pays generously and provides its team members with growth opportunities
Receive Medical benefits and 401K
Experience opportunities for professional growth
We serve our families 24/7/365 so there are opportunities for a variety of schedules including full time, part time, and day/night/weekend shifts.
Service territory for this position includes the Hampton Roads Area
Veterinary Technician Hospice and Palliative Care
The ideal candidate should have:
- At least 3 years of veterinary industry experience caring for companion animals
- High levels of initiative and organizational skills
- Excel at team and client communication
- Ability to be effective and efficient within diverse work environments (In-home appointments, work from office, and work from home.
- Passion for facilitating the human animal bond in the home, particularly at life’s end for quality patient support
- Desire to support the veterinarians and company in any capacity, including but not limited to:
- Hospice and Palliative Care program management
- Client Care Team support
- Field Service Team support
- Residence within our Hampton Roads service area
- Strong interest for working in the home environment providing regular variety in daily tasks
- Willingness to grow
Caring Pathways is Growing and We Need You
We are always on the lookout for excellent candidates willing to bring their skills and talents to the team. If you’re interested in being considered for upcoming opportunities, please call us to learn more.