Career Opportunities with Hampton Roads Veterinary Hospice in Virginia Beach VA - a member of the Caring Pathways family of veterinary practices
Associate Hospice and Palliative Care Veterinarian
Are you burnt out by the hustle and bustle of traditional clinical practice? Do you long for a deeper connection with the clients that you serve?
Hampton Roads Veterinary Hospice (HRVH) is a member of the Caring Pathways family of End-of-Life Care, AAHA-Accredited Veterinary Practices. Our supportive team enables veterinarians to deliver excellent end-of-life medical care while serving all involved with compassion. Our veterinarians appreciate focusing on the quality of heartfelt connections with families and their pets without being rushed. And our industry-leading training and one-on-one mentoring processes ensure new team members are supported to succeed and excel in their roles, including those with limited experience in providing veterinary hospice and palliative care and/or in-home euthanasia.
HRVH ensures veterinarians thrive in their roles and provides opportunities for growth into additional areas of the business including: management, training, research, community relations, and expansion team participation. There are opportunities for a variety of schedules including full-time (4 days/week), part-time (1-2 days a week), and a range of day/night/weekend shifts. Work-life balance, professional satisfaction, and strong teamwork are at the center of our culture. This position is ideal for doctors who like to work independently and create a weekly schedule that works for them, but also appreciate the backing of a highly trained client care and nursing team, along with veterinarian colleagues to support one another.
Compensation and benefits are dependent on the schedule desired, but our full-time doctors average $110,000-$125,000.
Let’s start a conversation to discover if a career with Caring Pathways in our Virginia Beach practice is right for you!
Our job requirements are simple:
- Serve pet families with the highest levels of compassion, authenticity, and integrity.
- Treat pets with excellent medical care.
- Embrace teamwork and a team culture centered on family.
- Enjoy a mobile work lifestyle, while supporting pets and families in the comfort of their home.
If you are interested in relocation opportunities, Coastal Virginia, a 7-city region at the confluence of the Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic Ocean, has a lot to do for all ages and a variety of locales to choose from when settling down. From Norfolk’s trendy river-city vibe to Virginia Beach’s sunny resort boardwalk to the Williamsburg-Yorktown- Jamestown story of our nation’s history, the region is a perfect mid-Atlantic destination for families and beach/adventure-lovers. We boast pristine beaches, numerous outdoor recreation opportunities and festivals, plenty of water sports, theme parks, breweries, museums, fascinating history, the world’s largest naval base, and the finest of fine arts. With more than 2,500 miles of coastline in Hampton Roads, there is a special draw for those that want to be on or near the water!
Veterinary Technician Hospice and Palliative Care
The ideal candidate should have:
- At least 3 years of veterinary industry experience caring for companion animals
- High levels of initiative and organizational skills
- Excel at team and client communication
- Ability to be effective and efficient within diverse work environments (In-home appointments, work from office, and work from home.
- Passion for facilitating the human animal bond in the home, particularly at life’s end for quality patient support
- Desire to support the veterinarians and company in any capacity, including but not limited to:
- Hospice and Palliative Care program management
- Client Care Team support
- Field Service Team support
- Residence within our Hampton Roads service area
- Strong interest for working in the home environment providing regular variety in daily tasks
- Willingness to grow
Our Team is Family
We are always on the lookout for excellent candidates willing to bring their skills, talents, and heart to the family. If you’re interested in being considered for upcoming opportunities, please contact us to learn more.